Broken mailing list?

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 20:49:01 MST 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2009 16:33:05 James F. Carroll wrote:
>> The Provo Linux Users' Group (PLUG) appears to maintain a mailing list for
>> UTOSC:
>>
>> However, the mailing list archives appears broken:
>> http://utosc.org/pipermail/utosc/
>
> These are unrelated to UTOSC.com, the site for the Utah Open Source
> Conference.
>
>> Finally, using a search engine, I found the public website:
>> http://blog.utos.org/
>
> yes, that's for the Utah Open Source Foundation.
>
> If you're interested in the conference, go to http://2008.utosc.com/.
>
>> Will you please redirect www.utos.org to the blog, or some more appropriate
>> publicly-accessible website?
>
> www.utos.org does redirect to blog.utos.org.
>
>> Can we get the archives back up?  Is PLUG still hosting the list?  If not,
>> will you please remove the link from the mailing list
>> page<http://plug.org/mailman/listinfo> ?
>
> This UTOSC list you're referring to is an ancient list for the Utah Open
> Source Consortium that was organized many, many years ago. I don't think the
> contents of that list would be of much interest to you.

James,

Following up what Doran said, here is some more information...

The utosc.org is owned by Marc Christensen, president of the Salt Lake
Linux User Group (SLLUG).    At one time, we used utosc.org for the
Utah Open Source Conference.  Prior to that, it held the mailing list
of the now defunct Utah Open Source Coalition.  I've tried several
times to obtain this domain for the conference without success.  It's
not that Marc isn't willing, rather he wants to check with others from
the former UTOSC.

The request remains in place and I hope to have it moved over at some
point in the future.  In the mean time, I have nothing to do with
utosc.org and only utosc.com and utosc.net

Cheers,

Clint