troubleshooting mysql transactions

Scott Edwards supadupa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:28:16 MST 2009

Under mysql 5, there are a few threads I see with simply "commit" in the
info field.  The client (amavis, mailzu fork) was complaining about
DBD::mysql::db begin_work failed: Already in a transaction After restarting
mysql, and then amavis, it seems to behave again.

I normally don't enable full logging of all queries, because this server
tends to get very busy.  I do have binary logs (not sure if these tables are
using that engine).  I'll start weeding through amavis/mailzu if that's my
only option.

Thanks,

Scott