Git Presentation?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Jan 1 10:22:59 MST 2009

Dave Smith wrote:
> Mike Lovell wrote:
>> I am definitely interested. I have been looking at hg and git for the
>> past little bit and would definitely like to learn more about git. (I
>> have mainly been focusing on hg). Besides, maybe this will give me an
>> excuse to come to a PLUG meeting. :)
>
> Some co-workers of mine have been using git, and others have been using
> hg. I've been playing with hg for my current project. What I'd like to
> see is a shoot out between git and hg, as those two seem to be the big
> players in the DSCM arena right now.

I've been using both. I settled on hg first, while git was still stupid.
Lately I've been using git more and more. I think hg has some definite
advantages over git, generally, but git has a few advantages of its own
and most of the stupidity is history now. Plus git has a lot more
momentum. At this point I think git will win in the long run, and I'm no
longer saddened by that since git has made some great strides in
usability (though it's not yet perfect).

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach