mysql load, help with ideas related to local cache

Matthew Walker mwalker at
Wed Feb 25 09:00:39 MST 2009

On Wed, February 25, 2009 8:43 am, Kirk Cerny wrote:
> If the data is slow comming back where you are only doing SELECTs you
> could look at compressing the data in mysql using myisampack.
> I have tried doing this on read only data with awesome success.

I don't think this fits his situation, because the data is being updated by other tools.
It's just /this/ tool is only running selects.

I'm curious as to why the selects should be causing a problem. How many queries per
second are we talking about, and have you doublechecked that indexes are being used?

Matthew Walker
Kydance Hosting & Consulting, Inc. -