How does one add a port forward to an openSSH live connection?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Mon Feb 23 15:48:37 MST 2009

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 01:46:04PM -0700, Stuart Jansen wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 13:41 -0700, Kenneth Burgener wrote:
>>> And sure enough it is in the SSH under "Escape Characters", but not
>>> under the "TCP Forwarding" section I had read.  I think they should make
>>> reference to this powerful ability in the "TCP Forwarding" section,
>>> don't you?
>> No.
>
> Typical Unix documentation.

A place for everything and everything in its place. Man pages are
extremely useful because they are concise. Tutorial-style documents with
all the extra verbiage and repetition are also useful but best as a
separate document (probably on the web). The ssh manpage is quite long
already, though nowhere near the worst offender (bash comes to mind),
and I would side with Stuart.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach