New Server Hardware Recommendations?

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Feb 19 00:14:33 MST 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 17:40:40 Kimball Larsen wrote:
> I prefer to make this thing be as small as possible (think media
> center pc sized), but have space for a typical ATX case if need be.

I was browsing at NewEgg the other day and came across this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107038

I like this because it's small, has two NICs, take a broad range of processors
from Opterons to Athlon64 X2s and Phenoms, and it has a lower-end but nice
NVidia graphics chipset (could be a decent Myth frontend). One drawback,
however is that it only supports up to 2GiB of RAM. That seems a little low.

--
fozz at iodynamics.com is Doran L. "Fozz" Barton
 "Police arrest man found with $4000 in crack"