New Server Hardware Recommendations?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed Feb 18 23:26:00 MST 2009

This fitPC is intriguing, but I'm afraid it would be a bit too anaemic
for my needs.  Something I do quite frequently is upload images to my
installation of gallery.  Pushing 150 new images currently takes about
a half hour - what with the wireless transfer to the server of the
uncompressed image files, then the server's post-processing it does to
generate thumbs, resizes, etc.  I think doing something like this on
the little fitPC would take much longer.  I don't need a speed demon,
but I don't want something that will make me long for the speedy days
of 4 years ago when I first installed my current server.

I'm going to keep an eye on fitPC for other applications (a backup
server for my office, for example).

Thanks!

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com