New Server Hardware Recommendations?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Wed Feb 18 18:02:40 MST 2009

I spec'd out a few things on Newegg - would love any feedback anyone
can offer:

Case:
ASUS V3-M2NC61P AMD Socket AM2+ / AM2 NVIDIA MCP61P 2-Tone Barebone

CPU:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 Brisbane 2.6GHz Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core
Processor Model ADO5000DOBOX

Hard Drives: (2x)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard
Drive

Memory:
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual
Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X4096-6400C5

Total Cost:
$373.96 (aka el-cheapo)

This machine will be used as a simple home server:  hosts a few light
traffic domains, handles mail for said domains, does some offsite
backup for some work projects, etc.  Does not need to be super-duper
anything.  Runs headless.

Thanks!

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com