local variables in bash

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sat Feb 14 04:58:51 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 20:43 -0700, Chris wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 18:56 -0700, Chris wrote:
> >> though it might serve as tinder for some future plug.org flamefest.
> >
> > Uhm, actually there is something wrong with dynamic scoping.
>
> And thus Stuart launches the first anticipated flaming arrow.  That
> didn't take long.
>
> Must... resist... impulse... to escalate.  :-)

Predicting that someone will disagree with you is not a "get out of jail
free" card, and disagreement is not a flamewar. You made an assertion
that history has disproven and I called you on it, but it wasn't a
flame.

--
When you tell me I should give proprietary software a fair technical
evaluation because its features are so nice, what you are actually doing