Server Temperature Monitor?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Mon Feb 2 20:28:11 MST 2009

On Feb 2, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Charles Curley wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 05:07:09PM -0700, Dennis Muhlestein wrote:
>> Kimball Larsen wrote:
>>> I'm a bad man.
>
>> Ah, but what is too hot?  Will your MB survive nicely at 159F
>> indefinitely but melt at 160F?
>
> You don't expect him to read the motherboard and processor manuals
> and/or data sheets, do you?

As it turns out, I did not arbitrarily pick 150F as my threshhold -
the normal operating temp range for this processor (Dual Core Opteron
180 @ 2.4 Ghz)  is up to 65C, which is 149F.

For those who have asked, the motherboard is the following:
TYAN Tiger K8SSA S3850.

I do read /. - but that does not imply that I don't read anything else.

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com