Server Temperature Monitor?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Mon Feb 2 15:45:07 MST 2009

Thanks for the ugly one-liner. :)

In attempting to understand what it does, I have pulled it apart to
run it a piece at a time.  I find the following:

/etc# TEMP=$(sensors -f | grep -m 1 F); echo $TEMP
Core0 Temp: +82.4°F
/etc# TEMP=$(sensors -f | grep -m 1 F); TEMP=$(echo $TEMP | sed 's/
[^[:digit:]]//g'); echo $TEMP;
0824

Looks like it is taking the +82.4°F and making it become 0824, which
is always > 160.  So, what is it, exactly, that the magical sed is
doing, and how can I get it to convert the value correctly?

Thanks!

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com