Server Temperature Monitor?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Mon Feb 2 13:59:52 MST 2009

It appears that my temp readings may not be all that unbelievable - my
server room's ambient temperature is currently hovering just about 55
degrees - and here is what sensors -f has to say about my cores:

/usr/sbin# sensors -f
k8temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Core0 Temp:  +84.2°F
Core1 Temp:  +87.8°F

So, given that I'm not much of a shell scripter guy, anyone have any
tips for how to get the system to mail me if the temp ever gets above,
say, 160 F?

Thanks!

- Kimball
http://www.kimballlarsen.com