Lost Java

Scott Jones sanchiro at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 23:41:55 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Scott Jones <sanchiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Bryan Sant <bryan.sant at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Scott Jones <sanchiro at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I installed gnash with no change in the way firefox loads and then
>>> doesn't play flash content or java either. The reason for all the
>>> messing with Java is I was watching a webinar last night and the
>>> webinar worked, sort of but after at some point, I tried loading
>>> another similar webinar, and the screen said, turn on java, enable it,
>>> when java was already marked enabled.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions?
>>
>> What happens when you visit this URL:  http://bubblemark.com/java_optimized.html
>> Do you see the bouncing bubbles?

On a fluke, I thought I would see what Google Chrome would do. I
downloaded and installed Chrome and it works, displays the bubbles
page, and the linuxjournal tech tips just fine.. I guess there's
something deep in my firefox installation that's just not wanting to
work so I'll stick with Chrome a while and perhaps purge all things
firefox from my system and start over with that.