Lost Java

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Thu Dec 17 17:13:00 MST 2009

Scott Jones wrote:
> I'll try that in a few hours when I am back at that box. If, base on
> my history and experience with this issue, this solution doesn't work,
> would purging firefox and then doing a fresh install of firefox
> possibly help repair this?

Although it's possible that the Firefox software is corrupt, it's more
likely that your personal preferences directory is broken somehow.  I
have solved problems like this in the past by quitting Firefox, moving
aside my Mozilla preferences directory, and starting Firefox again.
Move aside the preferences directory like this:

mv ~/.mozilla ~/mozilla-old

You might want to export your bookmarks before doing that.

Shane