Lost Java

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:02:05 MST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Scott Jones <sanchiro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Suggestions? I have wanted an excuse to take my system down after a
> thorough backup and rebuild to ext4 but I'd like to think I can figure
> out why it's failing without having to resort to a reformat and
> reinstall.
>
> Scott

I'm not sure how the Adobe plugin is a problem.  The java and flash
plugins should co-exist just fine.
Try the following:
sudo apt-get --reinstall install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin

After you've done that, verify that the plugin is visible to firefox
(Tools -> Add-ons -> Plugins).  You should see "Java(TM) Plug-in
1.6.0_16" in the list.  If that's the case, the browse over to that
linuxjournal address and verify that the plugin works.

-Bryan