Local server hardware

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Dec 15 11:18:02 MST 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 09:56:10 Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a place in SLC/Utah Valley that carries
> server hardware or parts?  I'm looking for a low-profile gigabit
> ethernet PCI-E adapter.  2 ports would be perfect.

Call Universal Systems in SLC. They're a SuperMicro vendor. usicomputer.com.

> I have a supermicro (2U) server that has on-board NICs, but I can't
> get them working for the life of me :(  I've tried everything, BIOS,
> MB jumpers, mod_probing drivers and blindly flipping any switch that I
> can find.  At this point, I'm willing to pay to make the problem go
> away, but I don't have time to wait on shipping.

I also am interested in a copy/paste of, say, the dmidecode command. That
should tell you what motherboard model you've got. The lspci command should
indicate the make and model of the ethernet chipset(s).

Doran L. "Fozz" Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude
 "Give me your love and I will make you peel at home."
    -- From a sign in China