Local server hardware

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Tue Dec 15 11:18:02 MST 2009

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 09:56:10 Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a place in SLC/Utah Valley that carries
> server hardware or parts?  I'm looking for a low-profile gigabit
> ethernet PCI-E adapter.  2 ports would be perfect.

Call Universal Systems in SLC. They're a SuperMicro vendor. usicomputer.com.

> I have a supermicro (2U) server that has on-board NICs, but I can't
> get them working for the life of me :(  I've tried everything, BIOS,
> MB jumpers, mod_probing drivers and blindly flipping any switch that I
> can find.  At this point, I'm willing to pay to make the problem go
> away, but I don't have time to wait on shipping.

I also am interested in a copy/paste of, say, the dmidecode command. That
should tell you what motherboard model you've got. The lspci command should
indicate the make and model of the ethernet chipset(s).

--
Doran L. "Fozz" Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude