cheap raid card recognized by both linux and Windoze xp

Kelly Terry ksterry at xmission.com
Mon Dec 14 15:25:54 MST 2009

I have a multiboot system that I use both linux and windows xp on.  It
had an 80 gb drive which was inadequate for recording tv on.  I got
2-640 gb drives that I want to stripe in a raid 0 and do a clean
reinstall of both os's.  The only problem is in using the linux
installer for partition setup and formatting.  The mobo supports raid
and windows recognizes it as such.  To get the linux partitions set up
the installer (Mandriva, OpenSuse, Kubuntu) doesn't recognize it as a
raid set up.  It sees each drive separately and allows me to partition
and format each one individually but not as a raid.  Does anyone know
of a cheap raid card that will allow both drives to seen by linux
installers as a raid and not individually?