looking for a sys admin

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:25:03 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 13:38, Merrill Oveson <moveson at gmail.com> wrote:
> But just once I'd like to hear of a situation similar to the following:
> "We're so sorry, but we need to let you go.  We understand that this will
> put you in a real bind."
> "To help we're going to give you two weeks severance."
> "We'll do everything we can to see that you get unemployment, and that your
> eligible for COBRA etc."
> "We'll also do everything we can to see that you get another job as soon as
> possible, please feel free to use us as a recommendation."
> "Again, we're really sorry."

That actually happened to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the reason we don't hear about
it more often is because there's no story. People will complain
endlessly when they feel they've been mistreated by an employer. But
it seems that when everything is fine, or even when you like your
employer, there's a lot less talk about it.

--
Alex Esplin