looking for a sys admin

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Fri Dec 11 14:00:27 MST 2009

OK, example.

My brother's team at his (undisclosed) company (on the east coast, not
here, so don't start rumors).

The VP showed up, took half the team in one room, the other half in the
other room.

The half my brother was not part of was all told that they were being
let go due to financial reasons.

But.

They kept them employed for two more months, during which time the
corporate HR was working with them to find them placement in other parts
of the company.

They are also going to pay six additional weeks of severance, at the end
of the two months.

Of course, the rules as they are, if the employees find similar
employment within other parts of the company, and within 25% of their
previous salary, they don't get the severance pay.

So, more than most companies would do, but still what they can do to
save themselves money.

Take from it what you will.