Alfresco is hiring!

Jared Ottley jottley at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:35:02 MST 2009

All,

With my recent move in the company (to consulting), we are looking to
hire a  new Solutions Engineer (Pre-Sales Technical Engineer).  My
boss has indicated:

> preference will be given to candidates:
> 	• in Pacific / Mountain time zones
> 	• with multi-lingual skills (esp. Spanish)
> - core skills are more important than prior presales experience.

If you are interested, or know of someone who would be interested,
please contact me off-list.  Questions are always welcome.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION

A Solutions Engineer (SE) at Alfresco participates in the full range
of pre-sales activities from lead qualification to vendor selection by
prospective customers.  While the core of this is typically presenting
and demonstrating products, SEs are also responsible for working with
various sales reps to ensure that: project stakeholders buy into
Alfresco, all business drivers are clearly understood and satisfied
(e.g. by demos), technical approvers indicate / recommend Alfresco,
any competition has been boxed out.
Given our open source approach, we operate primarily on a demand
fulfillment model – one in which the SEs are crucial during the
initial phases of any sales cycle.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
-    Supporting sales engagements through online product
demonstrations, presentations, proofs of concept, integration with
partner products, and first-line technical support (where necessary)
as assigned by the Director of Solutions Engineering.

o    The ability to communicate clearly in English, both spoken and
written, is crucial to this role.

o    For Canadian territory coverage, additional French language
skills are highly desired.

o    For Latin American territory coverage, Spanish and / or
Portuguese is highly desired.

-    Answering customer inquiries concerning system software and
applications, and providing software development and consultation to
prospective users.

-    Achieving regional and team bookings targets as defined by the VP
of Sales, Americas.

-    Traveling within the Americas and / or to the corporate office in
the UK will be expected on occasion.  Passport is required.

QUALIFICATIONS
-    Java, Javascript & XML technologies – with ability to develop code

-    Knowledge of OS (Windows & Linux), RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL
Server), Application Servers (Jboss, Tomcat) - i.e. all major layers
of the technical stack required by Alfresco product

-    Experience with Hibernate, Spring Aspect-Oriented Framework and
the Lucene Text Search Engine.

Jared