looking for a sys admin

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Wed Dec 9 15:56:43 MST 2009

On 12/08/2009 10:58 AM, William Attwood wrote:

> Steve, I slightly agree with you... Without your thinking, focusing
> back on
> the message prior to this one... Is this when we turn to the "No Child Left
> Behind" mentality?  If I recall, the type of thinking that put additional
> focus on poor performers also caused great performers to suffer, as they had
> to slow down and wait on those who didn't have the proficiency.....
>
> I agree, there's a process in weeding out those who's focus is better put on
> other areas, thereby allowing great performers to continue as unhindered as
> possible.

I'm not sure what the focus is on "No Child Left Behind", but the idea
of mentoring isn't to hold everyone back for one person who is behind,
rather it's to help every individual excel more than they might have on
their own, including the one(s) in the caboose, thereby improving the
entire team.  No one person holds any one other person back.  Hopefully
"No Child Left Behind" is similar to that idea, and the conception
people have of it is incorrect, but I don't know.  My kids are ahead of
their classes, and nobody seems to be holding them back that I can see.

Brandon