looking for a sys admin

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sun Dec 6 22:32:09 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 21:47 -0700, Brandon Stout wrote:
> A good mentor is one that has patience - one who can teach the same
> point different ways to custom fit every individual.  He has patience
> and a drive to make the person they are mentoring succeed.  Someone who
> *never* wants to teach the same point twice is no mentor.

So you can speak in absolutes, but he can not?

The longer I work, the more I realize my mentor's advice to keep a good
log book. I would argue that between paying attention, taking notes and
knowing how to find information without help, a person with aptitude can
avoid most repetition when learning a new job.

Personally, I have no problem with Mr Nelson's comment. If it scares off
a few people who expect more hand holding, it's accomplished what he's
probably hoping for. As for the pay, it's clearly an entry level
position. $35k is not bad for a student or recent (liberal arts)
graduate. $60k is a pretty generous offer considering how many times the
word "learn" was used instead of "know".

using enough of it." - Chris Maden