looking for a sys admin

Brandon Stout bms at mscis.org
Sun Dec 6 21:47:06 MST 2009

On 12/06/2009 07:05 PM, Aaron Toponce wrote:

> Mike Nelson wrote:
>
>> - If I teach you something once, I don't want to ever teach it to you again
>>
> Don't get me wrong, but that really isn't something you want to put on a
> job advert. And for only $35-$60K? Are there any benefits that will make
> up for the pay?

Thank you Aaron, for saying that.  Those were my thoughts exactly, as a
job seeker.  I think I learn quickly, and I have a long 19 year history
of good grades to prove it, expecting someone to remember everything the
first time, perfectly?  That's ridiculous.  Einstein failed math once.
Michael Jordan didn't make his high school basketball team the first
time he tried.  That one line "If I teach you something once, I don't
ever want to teach it to you again", was the reason I didn't apply for
this job.  Other than that, I might have applied.  I'm even caring about
the wages less.  I just want full time work and benefits so I can start
moving forward again.

A good mentor is one that has patience - one who can teach the same
point different ways to custom fit every individual.  He has patience
and a drive to make the person they are mentoring succeed.  Someone who
*never* wants to teach the same point twice is no mentor.

Brandon