Can mySQL and MSSQL coexist on the same server peacefully?

Jeff Moyes ml at mindstormdevelopment.com
Fri Dec 4 12:14:58 MST 2009

All,

Dumb question and i should know the answer - can you have multiple
DBMSes running at the same time on the same server? (I would think yes
with possibly the proviso that they are listening on different ports?)

I'm doing a project for someone who has a co-located windows box that
runs multiple sites using IIS and MSSQL but we're looking at installing
a new web app that requires mySQL. Can we keep the existing site on the
IIS+MSSQL and have it peacefully coexist with IIS+mySQL?

Any help would be appreciated

Jeff