C++ writing int to binary file

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Tue Apr 28 14:29:43 MDT 2009

The issue in the post and the question about & got me thinking. With
the arrival of more powerful hardware which made possible the
existence of Java-like languages  where the internals of the CPU
architecture are deeply hidden, we've gained something but I think
we've lost something as well. It is good for the programmer to be
close to the  hardware enough to feel some of the stress that his code
puts on it. C++ is a good language to learn even if you never program
in it for a job.

--
Sasha Pachev
AskSasha Linux Consulting