VPS Host Recommendations?

Dave Smith dave at thesmithfam.org
Tue Apr 28 13:47:50 MDT 2009

Kimball Larsen wrote:
> Can anyone make a recommendation for a VPS (Virtual Private Server)
> hosting account?  I'm setting up a new site, and need ssl, static IP,
> etc, and am looking for a relatively beefy server to boot.

Can you put some numbers behind "beefy"? How much network bandwidth per
month? How much RAM? How much disk space? Do you have some I/O intensive
operations you want to support? CPU intensive operations?

I love my Linode, but I don't work it very hard. I have the cheapest
Linode, but when I need to move some data over the Internet fast, it
keeps up nicely. I can move well over 8 Mbps without breaking a sweat.

--Dave