Data extraction

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at ge.com
Tue Apr 28 08:47:34 MDT 2009

Charles:

Thanks for your help. I attempted all methods mention in this thread to
date, and none worked. I am thinking now that my router (WRTP54G) IS NOT
ROUTING.

I can ping other machines on my LAN, but when attempting to connect
using ssh I GET ERROR, socket errors. This seems to happen about every 2
years. Time to replace my router, I guess.

I do have a couple other spare routers, and I have a older ocean 8 port
hub/switch which I haven't tried yet. If I plug everything two machines
in a hub, won't it allow the two to communicate, i.e., will it route
traffic between the two machines attached to it?

Scott