Suggestion to replace a VOIP router

Jeremy Willden jeremy.willden+plug at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:50:43 MDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant)" <Scott.1Jones at ge.com>
<plug at plug.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:23:19 -0400
Subject: Router upgrade??
How about a suggestion UP to replace my WRTP54G?

Scott,
I recommend taking a further step away from Vonage and set up your own
private PBX.  My favorite flavor of Asterisk-based VoIP PBX is PBXinaFlash.

http://www.pbxinaflash.net

Great user forums (I post questions and answers there regularly).  I've
ported numbers from Vonage, Qwest, and other carriers and set up a business
system at the office (about 15 extensions) and a pretty involved home system
(about 12 extensions).  Ring groups (including cell phones), multiple
voicemail boxes, automated reminders (to get my kids to school on time every
morning).  I run it all on a $200 very low power everex gPC platform.  Also
serves as a VPN server for the home network.  Based on CentOS 5.

Jeremy