Offsite Multi TB Backup Solution?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Fri Apr 24 16:12:56 MDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 10:52 AM, William Attwood wrote:

> I say two routes:
> 1) For desktops, other backups, use mozy.com
> 2) For servers, setup a 2nd colo mirroring the first, so if one goes
> down,
> the other takes over.
>
> -Will

Hmm.  Mozy looks kinda pricey, but may be the best solution for the
desktop machines.

As far as servers go, my current servers are not colocated - we've got
a rack here at the office in a server room (climate controlled,
failover power, etc)
I suppose I could set up a colo to mirror, but that would be very
expensive in this market - we checked into colo pricing before we
built out our server room, and over the course of a year it was
cheaper to build and cool a server room than it was to colo.

-- Kimball