Installing Arch without over-writing /home

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 14:39:21 MDT 2009

Hey all,

After an unpleasant experience with an Ubuntu upgrade yesterday I'm
ready to switch back to something a little more user-configurable.
This is on my work box, so as much as I like Gentoo, I'd rather not
have to play the
"build-everything-from-source-every-time-anything-is-upgraded" game,
and a few people have suggested Arch, so Arch it is.

My question is how to install it without having it stomp on my /home
which is on its own partition.  I plan on backing up /home, but
there's a _lot_ of my work on there that I'd be _very_ upset if it got
lost.

So what's the best plan?  Ignore /dev/sda3 for the installation and
slip it in /etc/fstab after I'm done? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

--
Alex Esplin