try to get phpmyadmin to work

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Fri Apr 24 12:54:02 MDT 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009 12:48:53 William Attwood wrote:
> Sometimes the encryption messes up in MySQL.
> head to your mysql.users table:
> select user, password, host from mysql.users;
>
> than
>
> select md5('#helloworld3') from dual;
>
> see if the 2 outputs for "root" are the same.

This whole connecting-to-your-database-as-root business always makes me
skittish. PostgreSQL FTW!

Incidentally, Linux Magazine is pushing a "Given the shaky outlook for MySQL,
consider PostgreSQL" article today:

  < http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7306/1/ >

"Looking for a mature, open source database that’s not owned by Oracle?
Whether you’re already a fan or are looking for alternatives, now might be a
good time to take a look PostgreSQL. The latest release of Postgres has a slew
of built-in features that allow you to improve both performance and systems
administration. Learn how you take advantage of them. "

--
Doran L. "Fozz" Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com>
Open-source developer, sysadmin, consultant, and all-around geeky dude