Remote terminal sharing solution

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:28:20 MDT 2009

Joel Finlinson wrote:
> For Windows or Mac machines, I like and use www.teamviewer.com or
> JoelOnSoftware's FogCreek https://www.copilot.com/
>
> You guys are right, a Linux product/version would be great.

No, I don't think this is what we're looking for.  Already you can use
VNC with the viewer in listen mode.  This will bring in an entire screen
graphically, which is often pretty slow.

What we're looking for is a way to share a terminal command line session.

I think it'd be slick to have something based on irc or something where
we have the console split into a terminal on one part and a chat area on
the other (all curses based of course).