getting mysql query browser to work

William Attwood wattwood at
Fri Apr 24 10:10:36 MDT 2009

You may have port 3306 blocked for external connections.
First, what OS are you running?

Second, do you have an account on your MySQL server that allows connections
from %, or, your specific host?

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Merrill Oveson <moveson at> wrote:

> I want to get mysql query browser to work.
> The host is remote.
> I can ping the host and I know the port is correct.
> I can ssh in to the host, then launch mysql using the username, passwords,
> etc.
> But when I put this info in mysql query browser - no go.
> I get the MySQL Error Number 2003
> Can't connect to MySQL server...
> Any ideas?
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe:

Warm regards,
William Attwood
Idea Extraordinaire
wattwood at
Steven Wright<>
- "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of