Word scrambling

Garth Hill garth at thrag.net
Wed Apr 22 14:23:12 MDT 2009

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) wrote:
> Yes, just a scramble of a small but gradually increasing list of words..
> I'd like to have them scrambled.. And then output in a string, a list of
> scrambled words..

I'm attaching something I wrote recently in Perl.  It's fairly
straightforward, just put the list of words at the bottom.  It's meant
to give you a random list using the words after __DATA__.  It can have
duplicates and doesn't have to use all the words.  But if you save that
as RandomText.pm in a folder and run this from that folder:

$ perl -e 'use RandomText; print RandomText::random_text(10);'