Remote terminal sharing solution

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:46:41 MDT 2009

I'm looking for a solution like screen (maybe based on screen) for
remote terminal sharing.  But rather than logging into a remote machine
where screen is already running and doing "screen -x" I want to have a
system where someone running screen on the remote server connects out to
my machine, letting me see what they are doing and work with them.  This
would let a person have me help them out with system administration
tasks without having to have any passwords or any access at all normally
to their systems.

This is kind of analogous to running "vncviewer -listen" and having the
vnc server add a connection.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?  Maybe I'd have to
develop my own solution.  I'd almost like a split screen with a chat
portion.