Data extraction

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at ge.com
Tue Apr 21 09:52:11 MDT 2009

I have a drive in a spare machine, from which I want to copy, over my
home LAN, the various folders, /, /var, /usr /home to another machine
with a much larger hdd. I have tried booting the machine using a live
ubuntu 8.10 desktop disc.. But have trouble getting networking on this
machine, to 'SEE' my other linux box, which also runs ubuntu 8.10
desktop.

Am I approaching this the right way? Is there any easier way, short of
pulling the drive and installing in this other machine, to just mount
each folder and pull the data that way? I want to move it over on my
network if possible.

Scott