Time Lapse WebCam?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Fri Apr 17 16:24:36 MDT 2009

I have a solution in place for this, and thought I'd share what I did.

Turns out, I am not using much linux to get this going, but on the
plus side it only cost me $24.

We had an old Olympus C4000Z camera here at the office, and an old
laptop running XP that nobody was using.  I found instructions for how
to use a free windows application called VM95[1] that will control the
camera, archive files, upload images, etc.   I do have it uploading to
a linux box, where I have some scripts that do some post processing
for the images.

The camera is up and running, and you can see what it is doing here:
http://downloads.miridiatech.com/webcam/

-- Kimball

[1]: http://www.video-monitoring.com/about_VM95.htm