Web admin access to home router

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Fri Apr 17 11:36:30 MDT 2009

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) wrote:
> I am trying to get my mailman server set up, and have run into network
> issues. I have a linksys wrt54g router, and have enabled web access.

Something else I forgot to mention some ISP's(read comcast) don't like
you running servers on your home computers unless your are paying for a
commercial account.  So those ports are often blocked/filtered.  So if
you are having trouble you may want to check with your isp and make sure
that they are not tampering with those settings to prevent you from
running a server.  Also I found that many email servers block mail
coming from comcast commercial ips because of spam concerns(I had to
switch to using smart host, then linode(because connectivity issues),
and hopefully soon UTOPIA).

Kyle