Time Lapse WebCam?

Kimball Larsen kimball at kimballlarsen.com
Tue Apr 14 13:05:37 MDT 2009

On Apr 14, 2009, at 12:58 PM, Doran L. Barton wrote:

> On Tuesday 14 April 2009 12:56:22 Kimball Larsen wrote:
>> Thanks for pointing them out, but their product line is too expensive
>> for this project.  Their cheapest camera appears to run $800. Ouch.
>
> /me points to TrendNet link again.

yes, I looked at the TrendNet cameras as well - they are only 648x480
cameras - I'm looking for something with a higher resolution.

At this point it would appear to be simplest to go and purchase a mid-
level consumer camera with time-lapse capability, get a large memory
card for it, mount it on the roof with a permanent power supply and
weather protection, and tell it to take a picture each hour.

-- Kimball