Interesting spam statistics

Jessie Morris jessie at
Mon Apr 13 11:07:50 MDT 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 10:46:10 am Michael Torrie wrote:
> I'm currently monitoring one of my user's spam statistics as recorded by
> dspam.  I've noticed something very interesting.  I think this isn't
> just limited to this one user either.
> I've noticed that spam volume shrinks to a very low amount (relatively)
> on weekends and then immediately spikes on Mondays.  This user gets
> about 50-60 spam messages a day monday through friday.  Then on Saturday
> and Sunday it drops to abotu 150-20 spam a day.  This is really curious
> as I always imagined spammers using automated systems.  Has anyone else
> noticed this, and what might be reasons for this?
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe:

I actually noticed the exact same thing last night checking my stats on my
mail server. The only thing is that for me, at least, I get a ton on Tuesday
and it then goes down until Sunday at which point it starts to go up. It's
pretty..... Interesting. It might just be because of Easter Weekend.

Jessie Morris