Interesting spam statistics

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:46:10 MDT 2009

I'm currently monitoring one of my user's spam statistics as recorded by
dspam.  I've noticed something very interesting.  I think this isn't
just limited to this one user either.

I've noticed that spam volume shrinks to a very low amount (relatively)
on weekends and then immediately spikes on Mondays.  This user gets
about 50-60 spam messages a day monday through friday.  Then on Saturday
and Sunday it drops to abotu 150-20 spam a day.  This is really curious
as I always imagined spammers using automated systems.  Has anyone else
noticed this, and what might be reasons for this?