Spam Challenge-Response system

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at bradfords.org
Fri Apr 10 13:02:29 MDT 2009

Thus said Michael Torrie on Thu, 09 Apr 2009 15:53:01 MDT:

> And they are nightmare to get off  of if you ever find yourself on the
> list, either because of a  misconfiguration (some lists have more than
> just  relaying hosts  in them),  or because  of a  mistake on  someone
> else's part. I'm not convinced that RBLs are effective anyway.

You  just  haven't  received  enough  spam  to  convince  you  of  their
effectiveness. :-)  Likewise, those  who are convinced  that greylisting
doesn't work,  just don't get enough  spam from random bots,  however, I
don't recommend using greylisting unless its actually necessary. If only
5%  of the  connections  coming  into your  server  are from  legitimate
senders, then it  is much easier to justify the  delays that greylisting
imposes.

Andy
  1:00pm  up  1:01,  1 user,  load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.00