CD-ROM recovery software?

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Wed Apr 8 21:37:49 MDT 2009

On Wed, April 8, 2009 8:27 pm, Jessie Morris wrote:

> Amen. I use flac now and I hear things that I never heard off mp3's.

For a real eye opener, run a good spectrum analyzer on the sound that shows a waterfall
display. Play an MP3 of a song, and then the flac, and notice the large swath of missing
frequencies at the top of the MP3.

I can tell the difference between a flac and an MP3 almost immediately, unless it's a
rather high bitrate MP3. (196 and up, really. 128 and below are /really/ easy.)

--
Matthew Walker