CD-ROM recovery software?

Jones, Scott (GE Money, consultant) Scott.1Jones at
Wed Apr 8 11:07:23 MDT 2009

At least it'll give that CD-ROM drive a cool Boufont hairdo!

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at [mailto:plug-bounces at] On Behalf Of
David Garcia
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 11:04 AM
To: Provo Linux Users Group Mailing List - 100% Unmoderated, High
Subject: Re: CD-ROM recovery software?

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, David Garcia <garciada at>
>> The Springville library uses aquanet hairspray to repair cr-roms and
> How does that work?  Fill in the grooves?  Can that be called a
> "repair" or just a sticky temporary fix?
> Gabe
> /*
> PLUG:, #utah on
> Unsubscribe:
It fills in the scratches and scuffs and yes it is a temporary fix.
Might be enough to make the disc readable again.  Yet on the other hand
it might damage the CD rom drive.

David Garcia
VP of Creative Services
garciada at <mailto:garciada at> 801-229-1230

This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may
contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of
the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at
once so that we may take the appropriate action.

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.