CD-ROM recovery software?

David Garcia garciada at acrllc.com
Wed Apr 8 11:04:04 MDT 2009

Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, David Garcia <garciada at acrllc.com> wrote:
>
>> The Springville library uses aquanet hairspray to repair cr-roms and dvds.
>>

> How does that work?  Fill in the grooves?  Can that be called a
> "repair" or just a sticky temporary fix?
>
> Gabe

It fills in the scratches and scuffs and yes it is a temporary fix.
Might be enough to make the disc readable again.  Yet on the other hand
it might damage the CD rom drive.

--

David Garcia
VP of Creative Services

This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it may
contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of
the individual or the entity to which it is addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at
once so that we may take the appropriate action.