Backup scripts

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Wed Apr 8 09:03:24 MDT 2009

On Wed, April 8, 2009 8:22 am, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-03-29 at 18:38 -0600, Byron Clark wrote:
>> Sounds like rsnapshot[1] would meet your needs pretty well.
>
> I took a look at rsnapshot a few years back, but ended up choosing
> rdiff-backup instead (for reasons I've since forgotten).  I just thought
> I'd throw it out there as another possible solution.

I'm a past supporter of rdiff-backup, mainly because it compresses the diffs, so it uses
less space. But this comes at a cost: It's a lot more work to recover an old increment
than it is with rsnapshot. I'll be setting up a backup system soon, and I've decided to
go with rsnapshot this time.

--
Matthew Walker