(Domain-like setup)

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:38:27 MDT 2009

jessie at confettiantiques.com wrote:
>> Authentication for what services?
>
> Logging in.

This is an amazing conversation. I'm surprised it's not happening on IRC.

If you want centralized accounts on a single directory server, that
clients can authenticate against, then I would would recommend setting
up an LDAP yellow pages server, such as OpenLDAP or Fedora Directory
Server, with an MIT Kerberos implementation for providing strong
encrypting, even for non-encrypted protocols like FTP, and providing a
single-sign on capability. LDAP + Kerberos, if you can, is the preferred
method for centralized authentication.

--
                       _
Aaron Toponce         ( )  ASCII Ribbon Campaign