List reply-to

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at
Wed Apr 1 07:40:28 MDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:52:00AM -0600, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> It has come to my attention that the overwhelming majority would prefer
> to have the Reply-To header on this list remain untouched. I will be changing
> the list tomorrow morning first thing to not munge reply-to. Please update
> your procmail filters, client filters, and reply button habits!

It seems that about once a year, someone tries to make this change.  And
everyone makes all of the arguments about why it's a bad idea for the
PLUG list.  And whoever proposes it backs down because they realize that
the vast majority want the Reply-To header set.  The whole process is
very tiring (especially the 4th or 5th time around).

Andrew McNabb