QMail and Rejections

William Attwood wattwood at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:45:59 MDT 2008

Hey guys--
   I'm trying to send mail from Outlook, and constantly get the following
error:

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
inactivity. Account: 'mail.me.com', Server: '72.3.233.170', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

The server is using qmail.  I can telnet in just fine and send from the
telnet connection (port 25) however, I can't send out using Outlook.  I've
been informed this is due to blocking by my ISP -- however, why would I be
able to telnet to 25, but not e-mail to 25 using an application?

What is this caused by?

Thanks,
-Will