[OT] Change for Obama

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 17:23:01 MDT 2008

Daniel C. wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Eric Wald <eswald at brainshell.org> wrote:
>> I used to consider myself a republican before my wife pulled my head out
>> of the ground and made me look at the facts.  Granted, it helped that
>> she had a book on the connections between the hippie movement and early
>> hacker culture.
>>
>> - Eric
>
> Which facts?

Ohh, say, how it's the republicans, not the democrats that bring about
increased government spending over the last 30 years.  How it's the
republicans, not the democrats who have dramatically increase the size
and scope of government, while claiming to be all about small
government.  It's the republicans, who by nature claim to want to keep
government out of peoples lives as much as possible who have brought us
closer to a  police state than any other party.  Finally it's largely
been the republicans who brought us deregulation that has proven to be a
complete and utter disaster in the financial world.

Now of course the democrats are so close to the republicans these days
politically and philosophically, that none of this probably matters.  I
laugh when people talk about the democrats being somehow left and the
republicans right.  Really, there's very little difference between the
parties.  They each want to change from the last change that changed to
to some other change.  Honestly, why is "change" a platform for either
party?  It's completely meaningless.  If we want change we probably
should sack congress and start over.